High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) | Flight’s Styrene is a high impact, rigid, opaque polystyrene, available in either sheet or roll form. The sheet is ideal for vacuum or pressure forming of lower cost articles as well as fabrication and printing applications. Standard sheet exhibits a semi gloss finish but a high gloss, co-extruded finish is available for sheet up to 10.0mm in gauge.
Flight HIPS is available in:
- Semi gloss or high gloss finish
- Five embossing patterns
- Sheet or roll form
- Most colours
Physical properties of HIPS
- Good heat stability but long term heat exposure can cause embrittlement
- High elongation and moderately high heat distortion
- Readily accepts printing in a wide variety of inks
- Good rigidity and low temperature toughness
Chemical properties of HIPS
- Non toxic – USFDA approved for use in the food and beverage industry
- Good resistance to acids, bases, detergents and disinfectants
- Not recommended for use with aldehydes, aromatic amines, hydrocarbons, esters and ketones
- Mould and mildew resistant
Margarine/yogurt pots, meat trays, berry fruit punnets, plant pots and troughs.
Printed, vacuum formed and cold stamped advertising signs, counter
Sign and Display
Printed, vacuum formed and cold stamped advertising signs, counter display units.
Flight Extruded Plastics
At Flight we pride ourselves on meeting the challenge of extruding resins and our ability to produce multi layer co-extruded sheet and foil.
Flight Extruded Plastics specialise in large sheet and rollstock for the manufacturing, transport and mining industries