Polypropylene (PP) | Flight’s Polypropylene is the hardest wearing of our polyolefin range. Excellent chemical resistance combined with a low co-efficient of friction makes this plastic ideally suited to many applications.
Withstanding constant machinery vibration polypropylene is suited for packaging applications involving foodstuffs and liquids.
Flight Polypropylene is available in:
- Five embossing patterns
- UV stabilised grades
- Sheet or roll form
- Most colours
Physical properties of Polypropylene
- Long term or frequent exposure to ultra violet light is not recommended unless coloured black or with cadmium pigments. UV stabilisers can be added.
- Internal hinge – good ability to form a hinge which will not crack
- Good abrasion resistance and tough, hard wearing finish.
- Exceptional resistance to environmental stress cracking.
- Readily pressure formed or fabricated.
- Suitable for use in microwave ovens.
- Polypropylene can float on water.
- Can be welded.
Chemical properties of Polypropylene
- Impermeable to water,easily cleaned and will not stain
- Non toxic grades available – USFDA approved for food applications
- Resistant to brine, acids, bases caustic soda, bloods and fats
Coolstores, meat/poultry/fish preparation rooms, butcher shops, bakeries, wineries, dairy sheds, breweries, truck linings, shower walls, tunnel linings.
Cutting boards, tank fabrication, drip troughs, freezer trays, vats and
Our mission is to deliver quality products and services to our customers that will exceed their expectations
Flight Extruded Plastics specialise in large sheet and rollstock for the manufacturing , transport and mining industries