Recycled Plastic | Flight Plastics leads the way on recycling PET, opening a brand new integrated PET recycling plant in 2017.
PET is the most used packaging material in the world today, and now Flight offers its customers a range of high quality food safe, rigid plastic containers made from recycled PET (RPET).
We believe the most sustainable solution for waste PET packaging is to recycle and re-use it locally.
The opening of Flight’s fully integrated PET recycling plant at our Wellington site means:
- Flight customers in New Zealand and Australia can source eco-friendly RPET trays and containers made completely in-house by Flight.
- RPET containers may themselves be recycled again and again.
- Each tonne of waste PET Flight recycles is a tonne of material diverted from the waste stream, and simultaneously a tonne of new material is no longer required to be imported.
- Flight has now closed the loop for recycling of PET packaging in New Zealand, and this material is available to our Australian customers as well!
- Read Flight’s recycling FAQs.
- Watch the Seven Sharp story celebrating the opening of our RPET recycling plant in 2017.
- Listen to Radio Live interview with Wendyl Nissen
- Listen to RNZ interview with Kathryn Ryan – Nine to Noon
- View Our Recycling Brochure.
- Watch this video showing the opening of our plant.
- Read media stories about our world leading RPET recycling plant.
- Meet Barry the Bottle – an educational resource for teaching children about plastic packaging recycling.
- Watch the video of Flight Plastics PET Circular Economy.
To see how simple recycling is, click the images below and click again in the top right corner to enlarge further:
New Zealand recycled plastic food and beverage packaging make great business sense for all NZ food producers, horticulturalists and farmers. When compared with virgin PET, Flight’s RPET food packaging:
- Is difficult to see a visible difference in the product.
- Has no loss of function or performance.
- Is processed using the same tooling & thermoforming equipment.
- Is cost-neutral.
- Meets all applicable food safety standards.
Using Flight RPET is an opportunity for our customers to:
- Share in the public recognition of using recycled plastic.
- Add a clear point of difference and top sustainability position compared to your competition.
- Attract customers who are highly motivated to change their buying behaviour in regards to plastic.
- Take a ‘first mover’ opportunity in your market and strengthen your position as an environmentally friendly and sustainable brand.
Contact us now to find out about using recycled PET (RPET) in packaging.